Saturday 3 January 2015

CHRISTMAS CUSHION

There is a lovely story behind this creation. I was given a box of scraps and bits and pieces by a lady I met a few years ago at a craft fair. They belonged to another lady who had recently passed away, at the bottom of the box (along with buttons and ribbon) I found a bag with pre-cut bunting triangles (some of which I used for the Christmas bunting) and some hand sewn rosettes. They were all in Christmas fabric and obviously intended for something festive, but were never completed. I have been wanting to use them for a while and have finally got around to it! I am so pleased with this cushion and hope that whoever she was, their original creator with be pleased with what I have made! I have given it to my sister to brighten her room as she likes her cushions (she has a stag one too which I made her which says "Oh Deer"). The rosettes are easy to make, simply cut a circle and sew a loose running stitch around the edge and once the threads meet don't tie off, simply pull together into a little rosette! Then arrange them however you like, into a cushion or as a broach or anything your heart desires! I am so pleased with this cushion! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year too! 
 Quick Christmas bunting (some of this was sent to Russia for my housemates cousin to adorn her flat! The rest was used in our kitchen):

No comments:

Post a Comment