Wednesday 11 July 2012

STRAWBERRY JAM

Spent most (all) of yesterday morning converting my home-grown strawberries into home-made Jam. There were just too many to eat! Hard to believe I know, but I got three pounds of strawberries in two days! In this weather as well, it's madness. I like to think if it was just that little bit warmer I would be swamped in strawberries. Anyway, I used Delia's recipe and had a little help from my Dad (who is a pro at Jam making, hence we have the proper pan and jamming spoon). It took a fair while to set, apparently strawberry is the worst to jam as it has a high water content, which you have to boil off. All the hard work paid off though as I got three and a half (ish) jars of jam from my strawberries. Although after Dad made scones, this has already depreciated to just three jars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment