Tuesday 4 January 2011

MORE EMBROIDERY HOOPS

Finally finished one of the hoops I have been working on over Christmas, more layers of tracing paper were needed. I am currently working on a series of three development pieces (we start our exam next week) so just working out a few kinks and ideas. I want to look at acetone printing onto laminating pouches again, as well as sewing into the tracing paper. Plenty to keep me busy though! I have found the perfect poem to run throughout the series for my final piece:

Gift Of The Seagull
A lonely seagull flies the winds
Majestic... soaring...gliding wings
A single screech sounds from the sky
Come fly with me... come here and fly

My spirit floats to be a part
I feel the beating of its heart
My soul, one with this bird of sea
Now knows the meaning to fly free

I feel the winds caress my soul
And soar the streams without a goal
My being trembles of delight
A treasure I received tonight

The seagull's flight of soaring high
The gift of what it means to fly

Front of hoop 1:
Back:
Front of hoop 2 (in progress):
Hoop 3 is at college, so no image unfortunately!

I think it's a beautiful poem and I think it will be far more moving and inspirational when combined with my imagery and hanging above peoples heads, suspended in the air. I have also just finished my art essay (2999/3000 words) focusing on my two (of many) artists, Debbie Smyth and Jim Dine, so please comment or email me, I am also on facebook, is anyone would like a readie! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment