Monday 10 January 2011

RENNIE MACKINTOSH INSPIRED JEWELLERY

I am very excited and happy that my Rennie Mackintosh inspired earrings have just arrived from Ortak. I love his work, especially the tearoom chairs- they are amazing (saw a few chairs and other pieces of his in the Kelvingrove in Glasgow last year)! Earlier this year we visited Hill House (near-ish Glasgow) that he designed. Here are some pictures I took, but I was only allowed to photograph the outside, (which is fair enough, I don't want my flash photography ruining this lovely home) unfortunately it was a bit grey, but never mind! The inside is amazing and if you are in the area it is definitely worth a visit. Everything is beautifully designed and yet sooo practical. I wanted to move in! For example the children's rooms are at one end of the corridor, but the doors are positioned so that the children can look down the landing and see their parents room (well, I thought that was sensible). All of the cupboards have little glass squares in them and are in a dark wood (mahogany I think but don't quote me on that) but are really large and spacious. Same with the wardrobes in the master bedroom- everything looks beautiful but is practical!
Anyway, I spotted these lovely earrings on Ortak (a fab Scottish company) and splashed out on them with a little of my Christmas money. Again, a simple design but very pretty. I'm not sure as to whether or not Mackintosh would approve, but I think he would be happy that people were involving his designs in their everyday lives! After all, he wasn't really celebrated when he as alive (as least not really in England)- maybe we should try making up for it now!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for your comments over at mine! Wonderful earrings and what an amazing place!

    I do hope if you do be a 'person' for a day that you send me an image - such fun! ;)

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete