Wednesday 4 May 2011

THE END IS IN SIGHT!

I have my last exam day on Friday of this week (ahh!) and my second exam day was last Thursday, but I have only just photographed the work I completed in those five hours. The first piece is pretty much completely finished (just need to sew through the button holes), the second piece needs a few buttons adding and, as you can see, the third piece in my series needs a little work yet! I have thoroughly enjoyed this project and I think I will be sorry when it ends. On a more positive note, I have used up all my mum's spare lace so it is a good job the project is coming to an end, otherwise I would have to buy some more and nice lace is not cheap. Apparently, the 'spare lace' that was in the drawer was actually from her wedding dress!!! OOPS! Mum was saving it for a rainy day. However, as Dad pointed out, there have been rainy days since their wedding day, so I may as well use it. Lace deteriorates with age anyway, so I probably got in there just before the moths arrived! I'm sure mum will be able to forgive me one day. It's not as if I cut up her wedding dress! Just the spare material from it.

Exam Day 2- Piece 1 (buttons added):
Piece 2:
Piece 3 (still needs some work):

No comments:

Post a Comment