Wednesday 3 August 2011

THE BLACKPOOL GRAND

Since Monday I have been at The Grand Theatre in Blackpool creating work inspired by it, as part of an artist in residency week. It is so much fun and I feel as if the work is going quite well as well. On Monday I mainly completed photographs and backed the canvas's with paper and then began working and sewing the outlines today. We are planning an exhibition of the work, but not too sure of the exact date yet, next week or the week after I think. The date will be posted as soon as I know when it is.

The building of the Grand id beautiful, very old (and looking tired in places) but a great space with so much history, I think it's beautiful and I love the pineapple on the top (a sign of wealth in the Victorian era). Today, the pineapple seems a bit o
dd as we are so used to having them but it's all part of the history of the Grand and Blackpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment