Saturday 6 August 2011

THE FINAL CUT

These are the finished pieces from my artist in residency week at the Blackpool Grand Theatre. The week in my opinion went very well and I have enjoyed experimenting my technique- the rigid architecture and straight lines contrast well with the more feminine lace and buttons. I also experimented with drawing with the sewing machine, working over white lace (usually I coffee stain and die the lace) and a more simple background so that the outline of the building would stand out. I also believe that focusing on sections of the building, rather than the whole facade worked very well and is in my opinion more effective, as it only gives you a glimpse, an insight into the building rather than telling you the whole story (so to speak). One more piece will be on the way, I am simply sewing the last few beads onto the roof- just adding a bit of glam (it is the theatre after all!). The circular one is definitely my favourite- what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment