Wednesday 10 August 2011

NEW ADDITIONS TO THE FAMILY

No not babies, but new additions to my doorstop/ stuffed animal collection. My sister requested a chicken, so I made her this little rooster doorstop which was very fiddly but totally worth it. Hopefully she will think so too! I added a zip to the bottom of the rooster, as I wasn't sure how else to be able to remove the stiffing, plus I need to learn how to do these things, especially if I want to move on to making clothes! I also wanted to be able to remove the rice which is waiting it down, seen as it is mum cooking rice and she may want it back (don't worry the rice is inside a completely sealed plastic bag so it is fine to be cooked and munched). I also made this lovely little frog doorstop for a relative who likes frog, another success I think. My other sister has requested a stag of some sort, although I have a feeling she may be getting it in the form of a cushion and not a doorstop (simply because the thought of sewing all the antlers and stuffing them and turning them inside out makes me queasy) and I would also like to make a dolly doorstop for a friends birthday that is coming up. Have no fear! I will keep you posted! All comments and feedback are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment