Tuesday 1 February 2011

NEW PROJECT- NEW SKETCHBOOK

This is a little something that Father Christmas brought me, it's from a little shop in Keswick (at the end of the high street, if your interested) that has the most beautiful handmade crafts from Nepal and other exotic places across the world. The things they have really are beautiful, I was literally drooling. It wasn't cheap, so a little birdy tells me, but you can pay a fair bit for sketchbooks anyway and as this is my last A Level art project, we decided it was time for a little indulgence!We also had a look at a few artists during class who might fit well with our theme (the exam question I chose is 'Natural Form' as that links really well with flowers, beauty in nature and the Secret Garden), so here are some links to artists that I wrote down who I thought were of some interest (also linked on the right); Becky Shander,(gorgeous collage's and pieces with birds- look at her blog and the wire mouse, adorable!), Maria Walker (especially her garments and 'Objects of Remembrance' series), Caren Garfen (very feministic/ domestic pieces- she wants us to consider a woman's role in the home and in society), Michelle Caplan (mixed media artist) and finally William Morris (who I am sure you have heard of, if not google him!). I am very much looking forward to this project and can't wait to get my teeth into it! First off, though, is to complete a photo-shoot (probably of flowers) and finish reading The Secret Garden- I am currently collecting quotes for use in my work. It is a fabulous book (I have read it before, but was very young) and I an thoroughly enjoying it! Spring has finally arrived in the Garden and Mary is so excited to see her flowers grow- I can't wait til the end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment