Saturday 12 February 2011

OBSERVATIONALS AND MIXED MEDIA

Just a quick update of what I have been up to- some observational drawings and experimentation in mixed media. A few (ok, a fair few) are unfinished, so will probably appear again once I have sewn/ worked into them.

Some Mono-printing, the bottom one is a print that I scanned in then emulsion printed onto fabric with a subtle outlin
e of a flower, not sure if that's visible in the photo.
Acetone prints onto fabric- these are of my own photos, of Monet's garden in Giverny (as well as one of my more recent photo's of flowers for this project). All are unfinished and need sewing into and collaging over, perhaps with buttons and fabric.
More stitching, after the last project, I found that I rather enjoy it. I love sewing and creating line with thread, to quote Debbie Smyth 'it's a really lovely drawing medium'.
Sellotape prints on pretty backgrounds. Both have a little was on them (another favourite of mine).
Moving away from my own photo's, but staying with the wax, there are just a few mixed media pieces that I completed last lesson. The one directly below needs sewing into (outline of the carnation), as does the small buttercup piece. Plenty to keep me busy! Next I am going to look at my first contextual link, Hollie Caley- focusing on fabrics/textiles and the creation of layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment