Thursday 24 February 2011

PRAGUE NATIONAL GALLERY

A few of my favourite pieces from the Prague Collection of Modern and Contempary Art, again these post cards are now stuck to the back of my door. This is another place in Prague that, in my opinion, is worth a visit if you get the chance. They have work from more famous artists, such as Monet, Picasso, Cezanne and so on but they also have a lot of Czech art, by artists I had never heard of. I really enjoyed seeing these artists for the first time, even if their style wasn't to my taste, it was just lovely to wander around. It is HUGE though, so leave a few hours for a visit, you definitely can't run around it (and appreciate) all the work in an hour. Worth a visit when you are on Prague!
Antonin Chittussi- A View of Paris From Montmartre, 1887.
FrantiĊĦek Kupka- Piano Keys, 1909.Vaclav Spala- On Octava River before the Storm, 1929.

No comments:

Post a Comment