Monday 20 December 2010

AFRICAN FRACTALS- RON EGLASH

I have just finished reading African Fractals: Modern Computing and Indiginous Design (a nice light read) by Ron Eglash- I thought it was interesteing, certainly the first few chapters on the appearance of fractals within African Architecture and I would recommend reading the first three chapters or so, but after that it seems to get a bit harder. If you like maths, or have a good unferstanding of higher level maths, then youi won't have a problem, however I dropped maths after AS Level and I was having issues. I loved looking at the structure of villages and how some of them spiralled into fractals. But I have to admit I skipped to the conclusion! A interesting book, worth borrowing from a local library and having a flick through. Next on my reading list it Udolpho by Ann Radcliffe, a classic Gothic novel (next year in Eng Lit is Gothic- can't wait!).

No comments:

Post a Comment