Sunday 12 December 2010

MR DARCY CUSHION

Another frosty Sunday morning outside my window. The power went off today so it's been pretty cold inside as well! More photos our of my bedroom window, the bottom one is taken looking our of my window to the left, rather than the right as I usually take them. You can just see the Forest of Bowland in the distance. The Beautiful cushion, (unfortunately because it's amazing) is not one of my own pieces, it's a piece by Joanna Teague (link of the left). I saw her work first-hand at the Knitting and Stitching Show 2010 and it really is beautiful! Lots of lace and deep meaningful quotes. You have no idea how much I screamed when I saw the cushion- as you Jane Austen fans will have noticed, it's a quote from none other than Mr Darcy. Sometimes I think that fate really does exist, I could not have won a piece that fitted me better! I absolutely love it and it is something I will treasure for ever!

1 comment: