Tuesday 21 September 2010

JEN GOTCH INSPIRED WORK

As shown below, I have been using Jen Gotch, the photographer, as a contextual Link for my project with the theme of Games. I focused mainly on her photographs of objects on plain backgrounds, as I wanted the toys and game pieces to stand out. I developed my own work based on the piece below:
Once I had edited my own images on Photo shop, I wrote over them in permanent marker. My aim was to evoke memories and nostalgia in the viewer through both the imagery (of the classic games) and the words. I especially like the bottom right hand corner, 'The Best Street to Own', however, ironically it it Old Kent Road and not Mayfair that is behind the image. I did this both as ironic and as a comment on the way we, even in childrens games, place emphasis on monetary value, money is valued above all else. And this, perhaps, is a bad lesson to teach via a childrens game.

No comments:

Post a Comment