Wednesday 29 September 2010

NATIONAL TRUST FOR SCOTLAND ART COMPETITION

Over the summer, the National Trust for Scotland ran an art competition of students, emerging artists and established artists. You could win £1000, so I though why not! Below is my entry, I sewed an image of Culzean Castle, however I changed the flowers on the left of the image to be Scottish Thistle's, as I thought they were more fitting. I enjoyed sewing the image, I found it very therapeutic and relaxing and am going to have the piece framed for my Aunt, as she likes sewing came with us to visit the castle.
I think the piece looks better in real life, the photo's don't flatter it, but I find that the camera often doesn't show sewn pieces as well as I would like. Well done to all the winners, who can be found the link below, some of them are truly amazing and deserve recognizing! I really like the emerging artists winner, as well as Hazel Vellocott's work (bottom of shortlisted artists) and John Dalon's Gladstone's Place. Enjoy!

http://www.nts.org.uk/artcomp/winners.php

No comments:

Post a Comment