Thursday 30 September 2010

SEWING

After the wax and layering, I began to experiment with both hand stitching and using the sewing machine. It is something I very much enjoy and find relaxing. I sewed two chess pieces by hand, just the out-line of the pawn and the horse in more detail.


The images below are of pieces I made on the sewing machine, I programmed each letter in in order to spell out the phrase I wanted. However on the lower pieces, so that I had a series of the symbols on playing cards, I changed the stitch for each one, hence some have more space between them. I especially like the pattern and will incorporate stitch into my work.



1 comment:

  1. hi there,

    thanks for stopping by, this looks great!

    Thank you also for the link :)

    I will definitely check out those other artists you mention.

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete