Wednesday 8 September 2010

JULIE ROBERTS

After a recent trip up to Edinburgh, I found an artist that I really love (but has nothing to do with my project), I visited the Talbot Rice Gallery, which is the Uni Gallery and they had on an exhibition on by an artist called Julie Roberts. All the works were of children, in pastel colours but all the lines were very clean and painted in block colour- nothing was blended together. I loved her pieces; I think they are so original and intriguing. If you want to find out more about her exhibition, follow the link below. I would definitely recommend visiting the Talbot Rice Gallery, it's at the top of a few flights of stairs and you begin to think that it's going to be a tiny gallery, hidden away at the top of some flats. But when you get there and step into the Georgian Gallery, you just cannot believe that such a beautiful room could be at the top! It is a truly great feeling when you see it.

http://www.edinburghartfestival.com/10-festival-programme/talbot-rice-child-julie-roberts/

http://community.thisiscentralstation.com/_On-Julie-Roberts-Child-Talbot-Rice-Gallery/blog/2552821/126249.html?b

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment