Sunday 3 October 2010

CLAIRE HILLERBY

I used Claire Hillerby (follow link on left to her website) as my second artist link, as I wanted to develop the use of layers and stitch, I also still had some letters and bits leftover from the WW2 project that I wanted to use. However, these soon ran out and I bought some more of EBay, (which I had never used before and I hate being outbid) as Charity shops no longer sell old letters or stamps, according to Oxfam books in Preston, they have to go straight to head office now. Anyway, I wanted to focus on Claire's collages rather than her jewellery and broaches, so I began collaging with old letters, recipes and old games instructions, sewing over the top.
The broache above has no bearing to my project (other than the fact it is by Claire), I just absolutely love it and thought other people might appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment