Wednesday 6 October 2010

EXPERIMENTING WITH BOOKS

After the work with collages, I began to experiment with working into books, sewing into them and adding acetone over the top. It works really well and I am considered my next artist link to be Betty Pepper (her Book Keeping Series). Again, I have combined the Scrabble letters with other mediums. I think this does and could work really well with the books, especially cutting scrabble letters into dictionaries and prehaps collaging behind. I don't know about other families, but games ALWAYS got very heated in out household and someone always went to get a dictionary claiming 'that's not how its spelt'. Amusingly that sentence often ended 'look, look.... oh. Never mind' or 'well I did believe you, I was just checking for you'. Happy times!

No comments:

Post a Comment