Monday 11 October 2010

DEVELOPMENT PIECES

Above is one of my first development pieces for the games project. I used a games board as a backing, then layered a music sheet over the top. I sewed into all the cards, in order to highlight the detail on them. Next, I laid out the dominoes in the order I wanted, before sticking them down and cutting them into the book. I like the way the game carries on outside the book, I wanted to keep the pieces relatively simple and not too busy. I also sewed into the title of the song 'Old English Memories' as I thought this was both fitting for the pieces as well as rather quaint.

The piece below is more colourful, but I don't think it work particularly well, I need to stick to pale colours and monochrome as this emphasises the technique, where as the colour seems to draw attention away from the detail of sewing into the book.I do however, like the idea of cutting down to display the board below, this is interesting and I could incorporate the board itself as well into the book. This piece, although I am not too happy with it, has helped me develop the strengths of the technique and realise that pale colours, or black and white, are what I find most effective and work best for my theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment