Friday 29 October 2010

SCOTLAND


Half term has been and gone! Wow, how fast was that? We went up to my Uncles in the Great Glen (he's in Invergarry, on the road to Skye) and had a fab relaxing few days! I got some pictures of birds for my this project, as well as finding some fab books of Grandads. I love the sketches by John Busby in the RSPB Drawing Birds, they are so cute and he is a terrific drawer. I had a read few and then had a go at doing a few sketches of my own (which will appear later). These are just some photos of the week, which I though others may also enjoy seeing.

I especially like the rose and chair above. The chair is SOOO heavy, it's metal is exactly the style I want for my tearoom (distant distant future). My dream is to have a little Victorian style tearoom, perhaps in the highlands (because they are beautiful and no where is open after 5. Enter Hannah) or the Lake District (again, beautiful scenery). I would sell fairy cakes, gingerbread men, fruit cakes etc, all home made and tea and coffee and cover the walls with artwork (my own or other artists) and outside, in the summer at least, I would have metal tables and chairs, but classic and hard wearing like the ones above. Yes, I have given this plenty of thought! I would also like to be a teacher, or a tour guide, or run art workshops, or work in a gallery or museum, so this is a distant dream, that I will probably pursue later in life. Still, it's nice to dream!
Some beautiful scenery!
I like the contrat between the inpressive scenery behind and the manmade monstrocity of the electricity pylon. They really do litter the landscape, as do phone lines and I sometimes think it is a shame, but on the other hand, there are so many beautiful areas in the highlands, that they make little impact really. If you make enough effort, you can always get away form our influence on the landscape.
Taking the dogs for a walk! They just would not stay still and in the end, these where the best shots I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment