Thursday 14 October 2010

FINAL RESPONSE


My final response to the games project! I love it- I kept it relatively simple and remembered that all important empty space that makes a good composition. I cut into a dictionary, as I found through my development pieces that these work best, I sank dominoes and scrabble pieces, as I had developed and improved. I left the dictionary open at the 'P' page where play was, hence I have circled the definitions to highlight then and imply the importance and enjoyment of games. I also circled 'playful' as it has connotations of childhood innocence and it's a great thing to be playful and young, with no cares in the world, just loving to play the game. I also hot glue gunned the dominoes that are out of the book to thin clear thread, as I wanted the game to carry on outside the book, it goes on and on. Just as a child wants to play again and again, never getting bored (or at least I did- we played until I won!).

This has been a thoroughly enjoyable project and I have loved revisiting the classic games of my childhood. I am pleased with my final piece and how the project has progressed and developed- from starting with my Jen Gotch work, I never imagined this is where the project would end up!

I have enjoyed making these pieces, as well as the work in my book and have, as always, thoroughly enjoyed creating my artwork! It's not a chore or dreaded homework, or even work really; it's complete and utter bliss.

1 comment: