Sunday 3 October 2010

WORK INSPIRED BY CLAIRE HILLERBY



These are the first few pieces I created, the one at the top is simply a collage, I didn't sew into it, I wasn't sure if it would look too busy so decided against adding any stitch or material. The bottom two are simpler as I sewed over them using the sewing machine (the same as the work on one of the earlier posts). Next I think I looked at hand stitching into them, making it more personal to me. I think hand stitching shows more love and devotion, it reminds me of when our mum used to sew our names into polo tops and jumpers for school. After a while though, she got tired of doing full names (we were growing out of the jumpers too fast) and she just sewed our initials in instead. Anyway, that's what I did next.

No comments:

Post a Comment