Tuesday 19 October 2010

LOVE BIRDS

After photographing and working with the ducks, I wanted to look at different types of birds and extend my observational and images to work with. I took photos of brighter birds (see below) as well as garden birds and silhouettes.
As mentioned in previous post, emulsion printing and then painting into these seemed to work best, hence this is what I did to the photos above. The tones are so much softer and the images less vibrant than the ink pieces and the viewer focuses on the image rather than the bright distracting colours. Any thoughts on how to improve? I may look at sewing into the images next.

Most of these pieces aren't finished, I need to work over then in pen to emphasise the darker tones and add depth to the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment