Sunday 14 November 2010

ACETATE AND SPRAY PAINTING

I have started to combine the spray painting with clear acetate, so that the backgrounds i made show through. I have also incorporated the threads, working these onto the acetate, as they hang down and can be seen through the layers.

The layering works really well and I'm sticking to the monochrome for the moment, it's more sad but easier to work with, as there is a smaller spectrum of tones! I think the black and white also works better with the subject matter, even though the birds above are bright, they probably wouldn't be as effective if printed in colour, with the quotes and splashed paint and thread, colour would just make the pieces too busy.

I love the style and technique though, hopefully will be moving out of book soon- but first I want more imagery. I fell I am beginning to exhaust my 'love bird' photos and I want to look at the form and structure of the birds and their grace when in flight, so will probably head up to the boating lake, as there are plenty of birds there.

No comments:

Post a Comment