Wednesday 17 November 2010

PHEASANT

I got hold of a dead pheasant at the weekend as well (the dog found it- some people had been shooting and left it) it is was fab! I had loads of sun- surprisingly- photographing it in the garage, playing with the wings and putting it in poses, strangling, hung up, running etc. I felt rather sorry for it though, it's so sad that such a beautiful bird should die for our amusement and 'sport'. On the other hand, they are incredibly stupid and get hit by cars down our road quite frequently, so I only felt sorry for it up to a point.
More spray painting, however I have added red spray paint in spots to this one (if you can see) to allude to death and the horrible death he endured, as he was shot. More experimentation with layers, starting to spray paint onto tracing paper as well as acetate and it works well, more cloudy and less distinct. It's not finished though, perhaps will add text and thread. Any ideas anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment