Sunday 21 November 2010

SPRAYPAINTING ON GLASS

These are some little experiments with glass and spraypaint- the swam is made using car spraypaint whereas the seagull is made with enamel spraypaint. The swan, in my opinion, if far more effective- simplier but more etchy and less refined. It's also simple, with the plain background and placed slightly off centre to draw the viewers eye- as well as leave that all important empty space.
Claire (sister) prefers the seagull, (I disagree) but the scratching into the paint didn't turn out how I imagined- perhaps I need a bigger needle and a bigger piece to work on, that way the scratches would be easier too see, 20cm x 15cm might be a bit too small. I'll try again smalller- but keep the background far more simple and then maybe work on a large piece of glass.

In both pieces, though, I like combining the text with the bird figure, it makes the birds appear more human and more personal to me. The quotes are from my one of my favourite Christina Rossetti poems- A Dream. I think it's on my EPQ page if you would like to have a read-y. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment