Tuesday 16 November 2010

WORKING WITH WIRE

In the first piece, I used the wire as a drawing medium (it's a bird on a bird feeder in case you are wondering); separating each section and using the hot glue-gun. I was unsure as to whether or not to to use the glue-gun, but I didn't really know how else to stick the wire down. Apparently tacking it in with thread works best! I think I'd agree on that, the blobs of the glue-gun are too big and detract from the fine wire.
I wrapped thread around the piece above, using both the thread and wire to draw the piece this time, the glued to canvas board (love it- so much more robust than cardboard). I think this piece is quite effective, but the threads frequently fall off and perhaps need to be sewed on or more firmly attached somehow. Again, I find that simple is best, the white background sets off the black feather and text- more fab poetry on birds. I'm thinking of moving on from poetry onto Shakespeare and other renaissance play write- studying some in English and there are some brilliant quotes that are so deep and meaningful to the world today!

More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment