Wednesday 10 November 2010

CHARLOTTE HUDDERS WORKSHOP

I participated in the Charlotte Hudders workshop at college today, there wasn't enough time to larger costumes or pieces, but I related her work to my theme and created a little headband and hairslide. I tied the feathers on with thread and wire and added pins to the top to tie the thread around, avoiding poking Claire in the eye! I love working with feathers, they feel so natural and organic and contrast really well with the harsher wire and pins, they're more robust and 'manmade'. I think her work is brilliant (link on left to see more) and she was a lovely person, full of great ideas and always willing to help!

Here are the two pieces, beautifully modelled by my sister and a friend. A thoroughly good day!Designs for the head piece are below, just come quick collages in my sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment