Saturday 20 November 2010

DEBBIE LUCAS

Travelled up to the Lake District today, not far for us to go really, as I have some photos in a slideshow in the Take Another Look Exhibition in the Tullie House in Carlisle. I entered a competition and TWO of my photos are now on display! (Above). We also called in Keswick to visit an art exhibition for an artist we found in Cumbria Magazine. I love her work, Debbie Lucas works with felt to create landscapes and they are beautiful, follow the link on the right but I don't think the photos do her work justice. They look so much more beautiful framed and in real life- you can really see the detail she has gone into with the felt and how she has cut into the layers to create depth and tone. They are brilliant! The exhibition is in Keswick 'Theatre by the Lake' and worth popping in to see (second floor- plus it is free). A fab day by all accounts!

No comments:

Post a Comment