Saturday 26 March 2011

HERE'S THE DOOR...

As you may have noticed, a new header has arrived! I thought it was about time and I had a free on Friday and access to Photoshop, so I sat in the lovely afternoon sun and had a little fiddle. Some of you may recognise this as my Bernina experiment (it is) and I am a fan of it so much I thought it should be my header. Well done to mum's old Bernina- it has fame at last!

Back to today's post, I though it was about time that one of my favourite features in my room was shared- the back of my bedroom door. Not very exciting on it's own, but over the few years I have been collecting postcards, badges and other little bits and bods from the museums and art galleries I visit. In general, I don't buy something from every gallery or museum, only if I really like it and it's less than 50p for a postcard (it's card with a picture on it, it does not cost £1 to print). Some are of stately houses (Basildon and Lyme Park) and some are from holidays (Prague, Chateaux's of the Loire and so on). Quite a lot of larger postcards are from a workshop with Victor Sloan, but these will be replaced as I visit more and more places (the door's pretty full now).
Monet's Garden and Basildon Park- a personal favourite! Who wouldn't want that staircase in their own home? I suppose you would have to have a pretty big hall though.
An Andy Warhol in the Modern Art Gallery in Munich (the bird next it is mean to be upside down, the artist is Georg Baselitz, he's challenging the idea of how a painting should be presented.)
A napkin from the Willow Tearooms in Glasgow (unused obviously)
A few other bits and pieces from a trip to Munich and at the far end, Rembrandt from a holiday in Amsterdam. Hope you like it! I love the back of my door. Luckily I have an en-suite, so I am thinking of expanding my collection to cover the two doors (although that is unlikely to happen before I reach university).

No comments:

Post a Comment