Thursday 3 March 2011

MIXED MEDIA LETTERS

It's been a while since I updated you on my work (Prague and frog shaped cakes have been filling up my time!) so here is a taster of what I have been up to over the last few weeks and half-term. I have begun to work letters and the idea of messages more into my work (inspired by Hollie Caley- see post from 15th Feb for some of my earlier work). I would like to consider the message within The Secret Garden and work this into my work through stitch and working over layers. The natural forms, the flowers are important within the story, and within my work, however it is the effect that they have on individuals that really distinguishes them and makes the flowers so precious. This is the idea that I hope to convey within my work and my next contextual link, Linda Young, will hopefully inspire me to explore this through the use of stitch within my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment