Wednesday 23 March 2011

A SECRET GARDEN STORY

I want to try to bring the idea of the story back into my work (and am planning a photoshoot for this weekend so some lovely new imagery to work with), as I feel that the that is something I have lost over the course of the project. The Secret Garden is first and foremost a story about the effect of nature upon two lonely and spoilt children. The Garden brings them together and although my models are a little older than 10, I hope I still maintain the feeling of innocence and friendship. Even though the characters hold hands, I don't want my work to be seen as a romantic twist or interpretation of the story.These fab little roses are inspired by Linda Young, specifically her tags and cards, rather than her unique and adorable boxes. I focused on her work with paper and thread rather than fabric, although I do love the boxes (follow the link above or on the right).I have also run into a few minor problems on this piece, the back of the canvas being one- it does look good from the back as well, however the Jamone is wasting all my thread by knotting it up, if there are any sewing machine experts out there who can help I would lose some abvice! I think there is something wrong with the tension, but I'm sure what altering it would do and it seemed to have little effect when I had a go so on some scraps of fabric. As always, this piece is unfinished and another post will be on it's way to you soon once I have got around to finishing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment